New year resolutions.

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 12,117 Championing
Do you make New Years resolutions? if so what are you thinking of for 2023 ?

Mine will be to lose a stone by end of Feb.

Comments

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Scope Member Posts: 11,210 Championing
    Options
    Mine is to only eat something that I have paid for or I have contributed too 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,980 Championing
    edited December 2022
    Options
    My main goal is to work on my mental health and to be less unassuming when it comes to healthcare professionals. If I do not get the result that I want from my treatment I will let them know and make sure I get put down for further treatment, and continue doing this until I am happy with the result.

Another goal is to become more independent in my own way. I depend on others to take me out and do things with me so, while my goal isn't so bold as to believe I will be able to do these things by myself, it is to do what I can by myself e.g. keep myself occupied at home to give people a chance to do their own thing some days.

I have put one of my goals behind a spoiler because I know there are members for whom this topic acts as a trigger. (eating/weight)

I have lost a whole 10 lbs while being unwell and feel much much better for it so my goal is to keep that weight off and maybe take some more off while I am at it.

@woodbine I believe I am now a similar weight to you if I remember reading correctly in the past so I can semi-understand the position and how hard it is.

Thanks @woodbine for making this thread :)
  • woodbine
    Options
    @66Mustang thank you for being so open and I wish you well for 2023 and your goals in life.
  • durhamjaide2001
    Options
    Thanks @woodbine for making this thread 
  • durhamjaide2001
    Options
    Ada said:
    I let you know when I think about some that I can work with 
    take your time no rush at all
  • woodbine
    Options
    Ada said:
    I let you know when I think about some that I can work with 
    @Ada always a good idea to be realistic.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,932 Championing
    Options
    I'm still thinking myself, i wish to loose a lot of weight, and get better mobility, just going out on walks should help, got to build up to that with my anxiety, best of luck to those who have posted
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,002 Championing
    Options
    I try to set challenges that tie in with where I'd like to be this time next year. The idea of completing a challenge is appealing to me but the idea of having to stick to a resolution I find much harder. They're basically same thing but changes my outlook of them lol

Try 12 new foods or meals 
    Leave the house for something other than appointments preferably at least once a month :D 
    Empty my email inbox of unread messages

Good luck to everyone with theirs! Anyone hoping to lose weight, what are your plans for doing so??

• durhamjaide2001
    Options
    I try to set challenges that tie in with where I'd like to be this time next year. The idea of completing a challenge is appealing to me but the idea of having to stick to a resolution I find much harder. They're basically same thing but changes my outlook of them lol

Try 12 new foods or meals 
    Leave the house for something other than appointments preferably at least once a month :D 
    Empty my email inbox of unread messages

Good luck to everyone with theirs! Anyone hoping to lose weight, what are your plans for doing so??

The 12 new foods I would suggest for you to try is:
    1. Chocolate 
    2. Crisps 
    3. burgers 
    4. Hotdogs 
    5. Pizza 
    6. Cake 
    7. Biscuits 
    8. soup
    9. bread
    10. Sandwich 
    11. Pasta 
    12. salad 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,908 Championing
    Options
    I have many this year. But the main three are to lose weight, travel more and see friends and family more :)
  • durhamjaide2001
    Options
    I have many this year. But the main three are to lose weight, travel more and see friends and family more :)
    Love those