Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

LCWRA Reassment?

Options
13»

Comments

• sarah1234
    sarah1234 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    i’ve had the same message in my journal beginning of last month. i gave them permission to speak to my doctor and mental health doctor . i recieved the assessment form in the post and a week later my doctor rang me saying they had contacted her and she just wanted to know more about my ptsd and osteo and how it affects me. i then recieved an appointment for a phone assessment for friday the 5th august but the same week i recieved another letter saying they have cancelled that appointment and i didn’t need it. i asked on my journal and was told i was found to have Lcwra which is what i was getting before and have been since 2018 . but for some reason my statement t for this months payment has had the LWCRA payment taken off me . so i have had to message them and ask what’s going on as surely with a reassessment and decision still the same they shouldn’t have taken it off me . anyone else had this happen. i’m still waiting g for them to investigate this:(
  • Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 337 Pioneering
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Your LCWRA status was never stopped so the payment should have stayed the same, hopefully your message gets them to sort it out for you- did you send the message through the payment section? 

As for me, since replying to that GP message on May 26th I never heard anything from either UC or my GP (online notes). 
  • sarah1234
    Options
    that’s really bad . i hope they get it sorted for you soon. they are due to pay my UC tomorrow and my payment statements still not showing the LCWRA on it, hopefully they will get back to me today but i’m not holding my breath . 
  • StillIRise
    StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering
    Options
    sarah1234 said:
    i’ve had the same message in my journal beginning of last month. i gave them permission to speak to my doctor and mental health doctor . i recieved the assessment form in the post and a week later my doctor rang me saying they had contacted her and she just wanted to know more about my ptsd and osteo and how it affects me. i then recieved an appointment for a phone assessment for friday the 5th august but the same week i recieved another letter saying they have cancelled that appointment and i didn’t need it. i asked on my journal and was told i was found to have Lcwra which is what i was getting before and have been since 2018 . but for some reason my statement t for this months payment has had the LWCRA payment taken off me . so i have had to message them and ask what’s going on as surely with a reassessment and decision still the same they shouldn’t have taken it off me . anyone else had this happen. i’m still waiting g for them to investigate this:(
    So did you actually fill out and return the assessment form?
  • sarah1234
    Options
    yeah i filled everything out correctly and they did the assessment t from just paperwork from my gp i think. it was an error on there part and they paid me the money the day after my UC had been paid. 
  • StillIRise
    StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering
    Options
    sarah1234 said:
    yeah i filled everything out correctly and they did the assessment t from just paperwork from my gp i think. it was an error on there part and they paid me the money the day after my UC had been paid. 
    That's good :)
  • sarah1234
    Options
    it was a relief x 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.