Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Wonderful, they have my review form and care plan now

Options
ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
ChrisSCOPEhtfc94 Community member Posts: 153 Courageous
Great, just what I wanted to know, PIP have my form for the review and the care plan.

Spoke to someone on the enquiry phone line and it was confirmed. Took over an hour but what do you expect? That phone line is crazy. I just wanted to hear that they have both. It’s over to them now, yeah it may take a long time (months) but we’ll just see how long it takes before I hear anything else. You just never know, could be shorter than you think. Would be lovely if it’s out of the way for when the new football season starts in August 😂. 

I’m hoping I won’t have to do a telephone assessment or a face to face assessment, keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll be passed on a paper based review. Also I hope my rates of enhanced and enhanced will stay the same but get a longer duration award. I would like 7 years or above. I’m not going to change aren’t I? Autism is a lifelong condition - no cure. We’ll see.

Comments

• ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    Great, just what I wanted to know, PIP have my form for the review and the care plan.

Spoke to someone on the enquiry phone line and it was confirmed. Took over an hour but what do you expect? That phone line is crazy. I just wanted to hear that they have both. It’s over to them now, yeah it may take a long time (months) but we’ll just see how long it takes before I hear anything else. You just never know, could be shorter than you think. Would be lovely if it’s out of the way for when the new football season starts in August 😂. 

I’m hoping I won’t have to do a telephone assessment or a face to face assessment, keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll be passed on a paper based review. Also I hope my rates of enhanced and enhanced will stay the same but get a longer duration award. I would like 7 years or above. I’m not going to change aren’t I? Autism is a lifelong condition - no cure. We’ll see.
    I wasn’t promised that I’ll get a text message to confirm they have both but at least I’ve had that confirmation over that phone that they’re with them.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited May 2023
    Options

• ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    I was passed on a paper based review a few years back.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news! Thanks for your updates @ChrisSCOPEhtfc94 I'm glad you've been able to get confirmation, even if it took a long time on the phone. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you here :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    Thank you @Alex_Scope - I wasn’t promised that I’d get a text confirmation as well but I have received that as well. If I only go through a paper based review, like last time, that would be brilliant. That’s my wish. Hopefully I’ll just get the same rates - enhanced and enhanced. What I’m looking at the most is the length of the award. Got 4 years previously, seeing as I haven’t changed and autism is lifelong I would like 7 years or above.

• surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 457 Pioneering
    Options
    I hope that you do get the award length that you want. I have autism too. I have always been in full time residential care placements due to my autism and my PIP awards have always been about 4 years long I think, so don’t be too upset if they don’t make it longer, it doesn’t mean they will take it away or anything. Mine always gets granted at the same enhanced rate each time (enhanced mobility and the daily living gets assessed as enhanced too but of course I can’t actually claim that because living in care homes you aren’t allowed to), and they’ve never called me in for an assessment but for whatever reason they just haven’t ever made the award as long as the 7 years you are hoping for. 
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Thank you @surfygoose - they’d be stupid really to not upgrade the amount of time when I haven’t improved at all but this is the DWP we’re talking about. The assessors haven’t met us, so they don’t get the full picture on what we’re truly like in our day to day lives. 
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    I hope that you do get the award length that you want. I have autism too. I have always been in full time residential care placements due to my autism and my PIP awards have always been about 4 years long I think, so don’t be too upset if they don’t make it longer, it doesn’t mean they will take it away or anything. Mine always gets granted at the same enhanced rate each time (enhanced mobility and the daily living gets assessed as enhanced too but of course I can’t actually claim that because living in care homes you aren’t allowed to), and they’ve never called me in for an assessment but for whatever reason they just haven’t ever made the award as long as the 7 years you are hoping for. 
    I don’t even agree with reviews (my personal view), you’re giving them the same info they already knew if you haven’t improved at all and have a lifelong condition but that’s just how the system is set up sadly. Designed to bring stress to us claimants.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,951 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The assessors haven’t met us, so they don’t get the full picture on what we’re truly like in our day to day lives. 
    That’s exactly what the form is for, for you to tell them exactly how your conditions affect you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • surfygoose
    Options
    Yes and the worst is that they don’t have a way to send paperwork online to PIP so we always have to print / photocopy 50 page care plans and post it all. It would be a lot easier if they let us email paperwork over. I know online isn’t best for everyone but I think there should be the choice of both.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    The assessors haven’t met us, so they don’t get the full picture on what we’re truly like in our day to day lives. 
    That’s exactly what the form is for, for you to tell them exactly how your conditions affect you. 
    Even when you tell them I’m sure assessors can still not get the full understanding of what life is like for you. They still haven’t met you, you’re only telling them in words, if they met you they really would get what it’s like to live with a condition. 
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    Yes and the worst is that they don’t have a way to send paperwork online to PIP so we always have to print / photocopy 50 page care plans and post it all. It would be a lot easier if they let us email paperwork over. I know online isn’t best for everyone but I think there should be the choice of both.
    I was that stressed waiting to know my stuff was there with them, we are in 2023 so technology should be used more. Digitally, it takes just a few seconds for things to be received. Snail mail, we’re having to wait to find out things are with them. 
  • surfygoose
    Options
    Exactly and also it costs a lot of money to post everything to them. It costs more as well because mum and dad say it needs to be sent at the post office paying for having the proof that they receive it because PIP people seem very good otherwise at saying they didn’t receive paperwork!
    I’m lucky anyway, despite the stress, they never asked to meet me or speak to me on the phone, they just go straight through the care home or social worker. So I feel lucky about that because a meeting would be very stressful. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,951 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It costs more as well because mum and dad say it needs to be sent at the post office paying for having the proof that they receive it

You don’t need to pay anything for proof of posting because it’s free from any post office. All you need is proof you sent it, not proof it’s been received at a Mail sorting office. 

When you send mail to DWP paying for next day delivery is a waste of money. It’s signed for by someone from Royal Mail in bulk. It’s not classed as arriving until it’s been added to the computer. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • surfygoose
    Options
    Thank poppy, I just discovered and replied to your comment on a different post where you explained that. Will bear it in mind for future.
  • surfygoose
    Options
    ChrisSCOPE it’s nice to meet you by the way, meeting someone else with autism here. Do you live somewhere nice and what do you enjoy doing? 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.