LCWRA and PiP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA and PiP

paries1
paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
Hi everyone I’m soon to be reassessed for LCWRA and I was thinking as I’ve been absolutely dreading getting another form , it’s going to happen and there’s nowt I can do about it . 
I’ve never claimed pip ( basically because I feared it would instigate a UC reassessment) and have been advised to many times , so im thinking just to call the pip line and request a form for that too, in for a penny in for a pound.
I know they are completely different benefits and forms , but could I use the same evidence for both forms ? And are the forms compared by DWP ? 

Comments

• paries1
    Also has anyone filled in these forms successfully without help ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,582 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes you can use the same evidence for both. DWP may sometimes use the WCA details for PIP but not always. Being entitled to one doesn't automatically entitle you to another.

Also ringing to start a PIP claim will not prompt a review for WCA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • paries1
    Yes you can use the same evidence for both. DWP may sometimes use the WCA details for PIP but not always. Being entitled to one doesn't automatically entitle you to another.

Ok thx 

Yes I understand one doesn’t entitle you to another as they are both for different things . 

Just just say I had a paper based for LCWRA and was awarded but then had an assessment for pip and was awarded nothing would this affect my LCWRA in any way , I know they are for different things but just in case . 
  • poppy123456
    paries1 said:

Just just say I had a paper based for LCWRA and was awarded but then had an assessment for pip and was awarded nothing would this affect my LCWRA in any way , I know they are for different things but just in case . 

No, not at all, as you're aware they are completely different benefits and one doesn't affect the other in a bad way.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • paries1
    edited June 15
    Sorry poppy just one other thing . 
    If I request a pip form then can’t fill it in will they just close the claim ? 
  • poppy123456
    It depends. If there's a vulnerable marker on your file then they can proceed without the form. However, if you're going to apply then you should at least do some research first. Doing this will give you the chance to understand the descriptors and why they mean so at least you know which descriptors may or may not apply to you. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria

• paries1
    It depends. If there's a vulnerable marker on your file then they can proceed without the form. However, if you're going to apply then you should at least do some research first. Doing this will give you the chance to understand the descriptors and why they mean so at least you know which descriptors may or may not apply to you. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria

I did have a read and tried someone test thing and got 19 for daily and 4 for mobility. I know this probably means nothings as assessors do sometimes lie   TBH I’d be happy with £30pw as it’d help me pay for private therapy. 
  • poppy123456
    edited June 15
    If you mean the PIP self test then you shouldn’t rely on that unless you fully understand the PIP descriptors and a lot of people don’t. It’s very easy to underscore and even over score yourself, 
  • paries1
    If you mean the PIP self test then you shouldn’t rely on that unless you fully understand the PIP descriptors and a lot of people don’t. It’s very easy to underscore and even over score yourself, 
    Yes it was a pip self test . Well I requested form so I’ll have 2 to fill in . 
  • poppy123456
    Quite shocked that you decided to start a PIP claim when you have the UC50 form due anytime now. 

When you receive the PIP form you can contact them to ask for extra time to return it and they will give an extra 14 days. 
  • paries1
    Quite shocked that you decided to start a PIP claim when you have the UC50 form due anytime now. 

When you receive the PIP form you can contact them to ask for extra time to return it and they will give an extra 14 days. 
    Yes I’m feeling overwhelmed by it all now actually.  I was advised quite a few times to claim pip but never did because I was always scared that it would affect my LCWRA ( I know they are different, it’s was fear though) . 
    I’ll probably receive them both by the end of next week . I will have external help with them and that’s also another reason why I’ve asked for a pip form too .
  • paries1
    That’s part of the issue with me and my EUPD , one minute everything is fine and I can deal with the world and his wife and the next I’m in bed feeling depressed and overwhelmed. 
  • paries1
    Can’t go against me asking for pip when I’m getting a UC50 form also can it ? 
  • poppy123456
    paries1 said:

No. You've already answered your own question a few times. PIP and LCWRA are completely different and one doesn't affect the other in a bad way.
  • paries1
    paries1 said:

No. You've already answered your own question a few times. PIP and LCWRA are completely different and one doesn't affect the other in a bad way.
    I know it’s a stupid need for constant reassurance 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    No such thing as stupid @paries1. We are here to provide you with the reassurance and support you need and deserve. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you or provide reassurance about  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.