Lcrwa cut ? For no pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcrwa cut ? For no pip

Marley30
Marley30 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hello everyone:)

I've just read that the lcrwa could be cut if I don't get pip ( I applied but didn't get it, because I sounded ok!? , If only they knew! :( . and I didn't contest as didn't want to go through it again) so I just read this and I'm scared and confused. Do I apply for pip again ? So confused 🤔

"will see eligibility for the extra payment for those currently assessed as having limited capability for work and work-related activity (LCWRA) awarded instead to anyone who receives both universal credit and personal independence payment (PIP)

This would mean eligibility for the new “health element” of universal credit being decided through the PIP assessment.

?? :(

Thanks 🙏🙌💞

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    If you apply for PIP again and you’re refused it will not affect the LCWRA element of your UC. 

However, reapplying using the same evidence you previously used could see another refusal. I’d advise you to get some expert advice before reapplying to check if it’s possible to score enough points needed for an award. 

Marley30 said:

"will see eligibility for the extra payment for those currently assessed as having limited capability for work and work-related activity (LCWRA) awarded instead to anyone who receives both universal credit and personal independence payment (PIP)

This would mean eligibility for the new “health element” of universal credit being decided through the PIP assessment.

You are referring to the disability white paper which isn’t expected to start until at least 2029, if it goes ahead at all. Certainly nothing to worry about at this moment in time. Besides, no one knows exactly what could happen anyway. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Marley30
    Marley30 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Ah ok, thanks @poppy123456 I just don't think I have to strength to reapply, 
    So if I dont everything will stay the same, maybe I read it wrong and thought it said the lcwra part would be stopped if I do t have pip 

So 😕 x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Marley30 said:
    Ah ok, thanks @poppy123456 I just don't think I have to strength to reapply, 
    So if I dont everything will stay the same, maybe I read it wrong and thought it said the lcwra part would be stopped if I do t have pip 

So 😕 x

Nothing at all is going to happen until at least 2029, which is 6 years away. No one knows what may happen exactly. (if at all) Until then everything continues as normal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.