Autistic, lonely, angry at myself, tired of the struggle — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autistic, lonely, angry at myself, tired of the struggle

Gnu89
Gnu89 Community member Posts: 245 Pioneering
edited September 2023 in Autism and neurodiversity
I have autism, formerly called Asperger's syndrome.  Mid 30's and finding the world very anti-autistic at the moment, the stress and frustration alone have given me migraines and restless nights.

I'm working on being more independent and moving on with my life, though I have never met other autistic people I could learn from or who also want to explore friendships and dating like I do.  

I struggle to find decent work where my autism would be an asset not a hindrance, though I keep busy with DIY projects like restoring outdated computers to make them usable.  I would like to build my own PC sometime for both gaming and research.

I live in Swansea though I don't like it anymore, and given the choice I would choose to live in a cosy house near a mountain or forest rather than a city.
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.