lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

lcwra

Options
stay_positive
stay_positive Community member Posts: 232 Pioneering
I've been put in this group , got a message on my journal . It's taken a huge weight off me and I already feel more calm . 
Thank you to poppy as always and anyone else who guided me through this I appreciate it very much .
The letter doesn't say how long I will be in this group lcwra , but it says I may get an assessment in the future but they would let me know if this will happen .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That is awesome news!! I was only thinking if you a couple of days ago and was wondering if you had the decision yet. 

Decision letters for the WCA do not have end dates. This is because it’s an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. When it’s time for your review you will receive a letter on your journal telling you they are referring you, like they did the first time. You will then receive the UC50 form in the post. 

For now, you can relax at least! 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @stay_positive That's great news! :) I bet it does feel such a relief! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • stay_positive
    Options
    thank you poppy and Hannah , and yes I do feel very relieved , its been quick to receive the decision so that has really taken the stress off me .
    Thank you so much 'happy days ! '
  • stay_positive
    Options
    Not wanting to sound like its all about money , but if I am going to get the extra element do I now need to wait 3 months for the first payment or would that be included in this month's UC payment which is due 13th October ? Thank you as always .
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2023
    Options
    What date exactly did you first submit your claim for UC? Sorry, i can't remember when you did this.

I think i also remember that you reported your health condition at the same time and provided a fit note within 7 days of that, is that correct?

Edit to add, we are now in November so your next UC payment will be 13th Nov, not Oct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • stay_positive
    Options
    I reported my health condition 6th June and sent a fit note in 7 June. I just got a message it said they owe me £390.06 from 7thSep to 6thOctober and it will be paid into my account . 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then that's exactly what they owe you because of the 3 month assessment period waiting time. The LCWRA element for you starts from the date they said in the letter, which payment at the end of that period. (13th October)
    Going forward it will be included in your statement so please check your statement this month when you receive it.
  • stay_positive
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Poppy thank you , I'm more than happy with this .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.