Cancel or change if lcrwa . Temporary move. Another DWP department — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cancel or change if lcrwa . Temporary move. Another DWP department

Options
Marley30
Marley30 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hello, help. I'm thinking of moving to a different county where I have family and also help, I'm in a bad way at the moment,rock bottom, suicidal 😭😭and a friend has offered to take me in and support me, and try to help me.. bit it's in a different county and I don't know how long I will be there, can I cancel my UC and explain, if I cancel half way through I will lose the next payment? I've read if I cancel In The assesment period..(mine is From the 19th of each month so if I cancel soon I would lose my payment on the 25th? And not be entitled to two weeks to help me out) Or do I try and change to the local council in Cumbria? It will be a different DWP obviously, I don't know what to do for the best but I know I need to except help before I crumble even more..I just dont need anymore stress anxiety and worry at the moment and just want to get well, physically with my illnesses I can't as they are chronic but mentally I'm hoping with help and guidance I can hopefully mentally get better 🙏🙏
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,122 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2023
    Options
    It won’t be a different DWP, it’s the same DWP where ever you live.  It will be a different area. 

You do not need to cancel your claim, when you move you just need to report a change of circumstances and change your address. A change of address doesn’t mean your UC will end.

Are you currently claiming for help with any rent? 

Edit to add, can I please just check that it’s definitely a friend and not a partner? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Marley30
    Options
    Hello poppy, oh so I can change address to a different county? Do I not need to make a new claim there? It might only be temporary.. I just don't know at the moment but know I need to except help, no not a partner just a friend and friends and family who want to help me and support me to get through this X 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It’s good you have some support. No, you do not have to start a new claim because you’re already claiming UC. It’s just a change of circumstances.

Are you currently claiming for help with any rent? If so what’s going to happen the the home you’re currently living in? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Marley30
    Options
    No, I'm not claiming rent it's just a c/o address as I dont have a home, the DWP have always been aware of this, I did want to rent but then there was pandemic then told of more illnesss and dont know how long I have left :(:( so I dont see the point.. :( and more stress and worry and also no help if I'm alone . . :(
  • Marley30
    Options
    I will write to them in my journal:) :) yes, finally I'm aksing for help 🙏🙏
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Please wait until you move. Once you have then log into your journal and click “report a change of circumstances” then click “where you live” and change your address through that. 

Does your friend claim any benefits their self? If they do then you moving in with them could affect their benefits. It will depend on which ones they claim. (if any)
  • Marley30
    Options
    Ah ok, thanks poppy:) I will do all that, and no no benefits at all so all should be ok :) tha Lulú for your help, again :):)
  • Marley30
    Options
    Lulu? Sorry  typo! I meant*thanks *

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.