Xmas decorations ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Xmas decorations ?

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,294 Disability Gamechanger
When do you put up your xmas decorations, and when do you usually take them down ? We usually put ours up around 7 days before the day and take them down on Jan.2nd, although this year we have a 9 month old puppy so it might get taken down daily 🤣

On the plus side I have written more than half of our cards today, we have 30 neighbours who we send to and post around 20 others.

For some strange reason I have bought SM two cards this year, so will have to save one for next year 🎄🌲
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 15,300 Disability Gamechanger
    I also put the tree and decorations up about 7 days before Christmas and take them down 2 Jan. Card writing planned for this week. I did get my first Christmas card on Friday ( bit early ). 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,230 Disability Gamechanger
    When my children we small i used to put them up about December 1st. I do try to keep to that date now because of my grandchildren but i won't be this year. I'm going away this Thursday until Sunday to stay with a dear friend of 26 years and to see my son. I will probably put them up sometime that week, if i have the chance.

My daughter put hers up last weekend for the children but personally, i think that's far too early. I just don't understand those that put them up in November, regardless of what age your children are. My daughter and son in law both work full time and she said it was the only chance they had.. :D
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 43,768 Disability Gamechanger
    In Dec sometime. Everyone in the street already has decs up
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,294 Disability Gamechanger
    When my children we small i used to put them up about December 1st. I do try to keep to that date now because of my grandchildren but i won't be this year. I'm going away this Thursday until Sunday to stay with a dear friend of 26 years and to see my son. I will probably put them up sometime that week, if i have the chance.

My daughter put hers up last weekend for the children but personally, i think that's far too early. I just don't understand those that put them up in November, regardless of what age your children are. My daughter and son in law both work full time and she said it was the only chance they had.. :D
    enjoy your break and seeing your son
    we got our first card yesterday when our oldest friends came to stay for the weekend
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Luchia
    Luchia Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Usually December 1st and take them down January 2nd
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,883 Scope online community team
    We tend to put them up when we feel we need a boost of happiness, so it can be any time from late November to the first week of December. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,144 Disability Gamechanger
    I will be putting up the decorations this weekend. 

Last year, my mum had a very big surgery and we were having windows put in at the same time! 😂

By the time we got ready for decorations, the Christmas tree broke, the lights broke, and it was a scramble. Will be enjoying it for longer than usual this year 😊
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 11,231 Disability Gamechanger
    I didn’t put the tree up lad year and won’t this year. I always loved Christmas but every year I lose the enthusiasm just can’t be asked. It’s just me and my dog until bf gets up late afternoon and we can’t do gifts again this year. Although I do for the four neighbours. 
    I’m Not being miserable at all I still love Christmas just can’t be asked to put tree up just for myself 
  • Rosabelle
    Rosabelle Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Cant believe Christmas is looming... although the seasonal weather is helping! Put the tree up first weekend of December and take it down first week of January. Love having coloured lights on the tree and finding things (decorations etc) in the Xmas box that I'd forgotten about. Lots of lights in houses where I live, I think mid November was the first. Find it a bit early, prefer to focus on Xmas when December hits. 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,754 Disability Gamechanger
    As a child the abuse stopped when the tree went up, so now as an adult we have it up early, its been up for nearly a week, and down in January, i like to leave it up as long as possible, and have a tree up year round in my star wars collecting room
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,144 Disability Gamechanger
    I know Christmas can be a hard time for some so just wanted to remind people we are here :)<3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.