My Thoughts Must Travel !! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My Thoughts Must Travel !!

Beaver79
Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 15,830 Disability Gamechanger
In July this year I had two operations which were not quite as straight forward as they might have been, and four days after I had been discharged I had to return to the hospital with a blocked bowel.

When I went back with this the Consultant I saw was an absolute toad and I did not like him at all. The way he spoke to me and how he treated me was unacceptable. Once I was home again I made a formal complaint via my MP. PALS who all the hospital use wrote to my MP saying they had received my complaint and it would take nine weeks for a reply and if it took longer they would let him know.

Eleven weeks later no reply. I reminded my MP last week and still nothing by today.
So I decided to telephone  the Manager of PALS who had written to my MP for an update.
Of course  it went to answer phone but when I went to leave a message all it allowed me to do was leave my name and who I wanted to speak to then it cut off.
The tape must either have been full or no messages were to be left.
By this time I was really fed up and decided after lunch I would write to the CQC - Care Quality Commission.
Then and this is the strange thing about an hour ago I got a telephone call from PALS manager to say I had left a message and he was calling me back. 
I did mention the fact that his tape must be full as I had only asked for him and given my name before it cut off. He said he would look into it.

I explained my situation and that I wanted an update as the time scale for a reply was past. He said I would have an answer in writing by Friday next week 12 weeks by then and it would go to my MP as he had written to them but he would also send me a copy.

So even though I had not left my telephone number or my reference number my thoughts must have zoomed over to the hospital and I got an answer as to when I will get a reply.

I am now exhausted and need a lie down.  

Comments

• Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,316 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh @beaver79 I am so sorry that you are having to go through all that rigmarole to complain about a member of staff. I'm also sorry your operations haven't gone to plan. Can I ask, are you seeing a new consultant / getting support still? 

I hope after your telephone call you have rested up <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 15,830 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2023
    Hi @Hannah_Scope I am seeing a new consultant now thanks and he is lovely. I have had two face to face follow ups since my operations and my next appointment is six months. I am a lot better. I have rested all afternoon. Thank you again.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.