Family problem — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Family problem

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,285 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2023 in Coffee lounge
I can share this with you as no one I know uses scope, and if they do they don't know who I am. At tea time yesterday I got a phone call from the police to say they had my son in custardy obviously they couldn't tell me why but we have our suspicions, he's been in prison for short periods in the last couple of years. Not wanting to sound like a snob but this is not the kind of people we are, he is only the second person I know who has been in prison.
Without going into detail I cant phone him as I know they "impounded" his mobile when he was arrested a couple of weeks ago.
He is constantly asking us for money as he got sacked from his job when he was done for drink driving in the summer, and keeps coming up with silly excuses as to why they wont pay him UC, he lies to us constantly and if I'm honest I would walk away and leave him to it but SM wont do that and the last thing I want is for it to cause a rift between us.
If I'm honest I just wanted to write this down and thanks for reading I'm sure it will all sort itself out at some point.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• woodbine
    A problem that might have solved itself has now got worse, he phoned me 30 mins ago from police custardy and he has been charged with stalking and malicious communication and is in front of a magistrate in the morning, so thats a sleepless night for us !

• lucost
    lucost Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Good grief what a headache for you 😣
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 15,112 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2023
    Hello @woodbine I am so sorry that you are having such a difficult time. You have enough to deal with at the moment and this will affect your health even more. None of this is your fault you have done your best for him, that is all we can do for our children. You know we are all here from you to support you when we can. Good luck. Take care.
  • woodbine
    @Beaver79 thank you for your kind words and support it means so much

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 5,849 Disability Gamechanger

@woodbine
    Hi I’m sorry to hear what’s going on with your son, I know this will be affecting you and SM greatly.
    As no matter what age your children are you’ll never stop worrying about them.
    I have a family member that has problems with addiction and MH and our full family are affected by it.
    I truly pray your son can get some help to sort himself out with whatever he has going on, as in turn it will help yous. 

Take care ❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 43,585 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning @woodbine sorry to read what your all  going through.  Hopefully your son gets some out side support to help him.  
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,883 Scope online community team
    I'm sorry to hear about this @woodbine, but I'm glad you can find some comfort with writing it all down here.  We're all here if you need us. <3 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • woodbine
    Some Christmas its gong to be he's been let out on bail today back again 27th Jan for sentencing.

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 15,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello  @woodbine Does he have somewhere to stay do you know? Please try not to let him spoil your Christmas. Take care.
  • woodbine
    Beaver79 said:
    Hello  @woodbine Does he have somewhere to stay do you know? Please try not to let him spoil your Christmas. Take care.
    yes he does ATM, I think the worry will spoil our Christmas but I suppose thats what comes with being a parent, thanks again for your concern

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,750 Disability Gamechanger
    sorry to read your troubles @woodbine , i hope he gets sorted out, you try and take care of you and your other half x 
  • woodbine
    Grinchy said:
    sorry to read your troubles @woodbine , i hope he gets sorted out, you try and take care of you and your other half x 
    he's almost 40 so little hope of that sadly, we will do our best thank you

• Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,093 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about this @woodbine. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to support <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.