Hi, my user name is : Glyncochboy..!! Please read my post & I would appreciate any help you can give — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my user name is : Glyncochboy..!! Please read my post & I would appreciate any help you can give

Glyncochboy
Glyncochboy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2023 in Start here and say hello!
Hiya All..
i would like to introduce myself to you All..
My name is Gareth and i live in South WALES..
at the moment i am 56yrs old and i am an electric Wheelchair User, occasionally if necessary i will use my Manual Wheelchair..
With a partner on LinkedIn, i am hoping to produce more appropriate and more useful Wheelchair User Friendly Gloves......!!
i used to play wheelchair Rugby & Sledge ice Hockey (at GB level)..
I have several disabilities, some of which are Mental Health issues : a Personality Disorder, Severe Depression, Bi-Polar Type 2, self-harm & thoughts of more, agorophobia and anxiety / Physical Health issues : severe osteoarthritis, severe Spinal Stenosis, DDD, a heart attack, 3 x strokes (left sided weakness and severe withering of my Legs (no more ex rugby player legs, more like matchsticks now), several mini-strokes, Chronic Pain, double Pneumonia with Sepsis (i was given 1.5hrs to live 3 times, a Pulmonary Embolism..
i am currently under investigations for both : Colon Cancer & Vascular Dementia & a Stomach Hernia (which is particularly painful)..!!
I am very interested in Spinal Stenosis Operations & what type of Hernia I have, placed between my belly button and the bottom of my ribs..
Best Wishes All,
Glyncochboy
(Gareth)

Comments

• Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 13,811 Disability Gamechanger
    Evening @Glyncochboy welcome to our lovely Scope Family. 
    I am truly sorry your suffering so much. 

Its a little late but you will get plenty off replies just be a little patient 

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 19,611 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Glencochboy Welcome to the Community. Some other members might have their own experience of your conditions and be able to discuss with you. We are not able to give any Medical Advice. You might like to have a look around and join in when you are ready. Chats in the Coffee lounge and Games in the Games room both under Categories might be of interest to you to help take your mind off things for a short while. If you have any questions please ask. Take care.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,177 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Glyncochboy. Sounds like you've been through a lot! I hope the community can offer some friendship and support :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. We have all sorts of different categories to get involved in, so take a look around and join in whenever you feel comfortable.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.