Keeping busy? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Keeping busy?

Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,180 Disability Gamechanger
How do you fill your days?
I'm trying really hard to avoid mindless scrolling on my phone and realised I have nothing to do!! 

What do you do each day? What hobbies do you have? Do you garden? Draw? Paint? 

How do people keep busy and what interests do you all have? <3

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,030 Disability Gamechanger
    I would like to know the answer to this as well :smiley:
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,180 Disability Gamechanger
    If you're happy to share, what does a typical day look like for you @66Mustang??  
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,883 Scope online community team
    edited January 2
    I'd always try and do at least one productive thing each day. Be it housework, a bit of model painting, gardening, or going to an appointment.

At least that way, I didn't feel too bad once the doom scrolling started. ;) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,883 Scope online community team
    I keep entering competitions to win Lego kits. I was hoping to get some of the star wars kits to show off around the house, but then I saw the prices.   :D

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 43,585 Disability Gamechanger
    I try do house work each day, it's finding motivation, music is good for that. I like cooking too.
     I'm doing genealogy and that keeps me busy, finding out about relatives I knew nothing about. I'm sending DNA off tomorrow, excited for results. 
    I have a gardener for garden, but plant things.
    I like going out either meeting a friend or family having coffee. Catchup etc.
    My mobility is not great so lots of coffees in between jobs 
    I can't go for long walks, some days not short walks. 
    I'm active in my grandkids lives and make time to speak to them daily and have support and advice for them, on things that are important to them, ie school, plus general worries. While my children have  me too as a back bone.
    I love sketching, watching tv also 

• 66Mustang
    If you're happy to share, what does a typical day look like for you @66Mustang??  
    Never been asked that but happy to share in case anyone has any tips to make things better! :)

Get up at 7.30am

Have 2 - 4 coffees, try to make them last as long as possible to drag out the time, also play on laptop at same time - games & Scope

Go for dog walk at 10-11am

Shower at 12.00 (after dog walk as I get sweaty)

Go for a drive 1.30pm often to a shop for a few bits

Get home 3.30pm

Laptop again 3.30pm till 7pm

Eat dinner

Sleep
  • 66Mustang
    PS love the avatar Biblioklept
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Oops, I've got a lot to answer for as far as Lego goes. My son just completed Lego's 'The Great Wave,' a 3D copy of a painting, & I'm tempted by one of Van Gogh's 'The Starry Night,' so I may yet join my son & his wife (she collects the Harry Potter ones), not forgetting poppy! Another cheaper consideration is Cobi; my son actually feels the quality of these is better. He's got WW2 tanks & warships, but they have also started doing cars, & he's got a lovely pale blue Maserati. Also told poppy about Cobi, oh dear!
    My main interests are gardening, weather permitting, reading & doing online jigsaw puzzles. I also get to 'borrow' my son's dog when they're both working.
    Liking both @66Mustang & @Biblioklept 's new avatars too :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,172 Disability Gamechanger
    @chiarieds i did look again at corbi, as you know and the Maserati is one that i have my eye on. It's just cost me an arm and 2 legs for carpets and other things for my new house so the lego will have to wait a little longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,285 Disability Gamechanger
    We have a new rule now unless we have to get up for a reason we get up at dog o'clock i.e when the dog makes us get up, always try and do at least one thing every day no matter how small, but since I've been having vision problems don't get out much any more, we even shop online now as it's easier.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.