Pip backdated money — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip backdated money

bobby123
bobby123 Community member Posts: 182 Courageous
My pip is currently under review and got extended to Jan 2025 while I wait for the review

1) if my pip goes up from standard daily living to increased daily living or any mobility will this be backdated from when I handed my review back in April 2023 or when the review is complete

2) if I get no points on my review do I have to pay back any money 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,441 Disability Gamechanger
    1/ Some are owed money and some are not. It really depends on what the decision maker decides. Normally for a review started by DWP there’s no money owed. Due to backlogs the decision maker is using their own discretion.

2/ No you will not. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Marius41
    Marius41 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    Good day,
    If I got 11 points and I understood they will give by law another 2 points in prompting so it will be automatically 4 points it means i am entliteld to full PIP instead of just dailly living..does anyone knows how it works?or even if this news is true even?
  • poppy123456
    No one is automatically entitled to any points. Whether points can be scored for an activity will depend on how your conditions affect you. 

As we don’t know anything about your health conditions then it will be impossible to give any advice. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Marius41
    Well i have a mental disease and they say are offering after court decision 4 points instead of 2 for prompting,please see the link below..maybe this will help you understand my query..
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/quarter-of-a-million-pip-claimants-may-still-be-owed-thousands-in-back-payments

Thx!
  • poppy123456
    edited January 9
    Yes I understand what you’re saying and I understand the law changes but no one is automatically entitled to those extra points. 
  • Marius41
    But if I got 2 points prompting and it can be 4 because of this law then?
  • poppy123456
    Marius41 said:
    But if I got 2 points prompting and it can be 4 because of this law then?
    They will consider whether 2 extra points can be awarded. As I advised I can’t tell
    you whether you would score extra points because I don’t know anything about your health conditions and how they affect you. 

They are in the process of reviewing claimants that had a decision from 6th April 2016. 

All decisions made since 17th September 2020 will not be looked at again. 
  • Marius41
  • Substantialmind
    Substantialmind Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    They gave me zero on social support but I never go to social situations without my husband who is my social support did they underscore me? My report has 9 points recommended this would entitle me to 13 points 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.