Re appointments and fit note — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re appointments and fit note

Options
lydia5683
lydia5683 Community member Posts: 39 Listener
Hi I was wondering if you have to provide fit notes for uc if you can still work but its limited how much you can do until youve had your wca

Also can your wc turn off all requirements including not having to attend work focused interviews before your wca outcome?

Thanks Adil 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you've reported a health condition then yes you will need to provided a fit note and continue to provide them without any gaps until a decision Is made on your WCA. Gaps can affect when the extra money is paid from if found to have LCWRA.

A work coach has discretion to either turn off or reduce commitments while waiting. Some do and others don't. If your earnings per month are more than the AET  (single person currently £677/month) you'll be in the light touch group anyway.https://www.gov.uk/guidance/universal-credit-and-earnings#earnings-and-your-responsibilities
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lydia5683
    lydia5683 Community member Posts: 39 Listener
    Options
    Thanks just to clarify on another post someone said that you have to attend work focused interviews until a wca decision has been made

Can the wc turn off all commitments including not having to attend any interviews before a wca decision has been made?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I answered that question here.

A work coach has discretion to either turn off or reduce commitments while waiting. Some do and others don't.
    You also mentioned that you work so if you’re a single person and your earnings are more than £677/month you shouldn’t have any commitments anyway. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.