Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

OCD flare up, stuck in a loop

Options
WebWaves
WebWaves Scope Member Posts: 167 Pioneering

Afternoon everyone, hope you're all doing well. I've had a real flare up with my OCD again now I am out of an immediate crisis and I start to tackle everyday problems.

I can't seem to stop going into the settings on my iPhone and turning on and off selections as I feel that things aren't right. I am trying my hardest to stop but yesterday and earlier on today I almost reset all my devices to try and feel 'normal' again.

I know my worries will continue and there could be genuine problems with setting up all my devices once again - not to take into account all the effort and hard work it would be! I rung Mum and we talked through things and I managed to face my fears and not reset all the devices.

The problem is I am a bit stuck and feel like I'm in a broken loop. I keep thinking I won't go into the settings and turn options off, but then my anxiety kicks in and I do so which leads to other worries.  

I was hoping by resisting resetting I would feel better, but it's been a few days now and I still feel the same with the thoughts going round and round. One minute I feel I don't need to reset, who cares and then an hour later I'm back on the loop even though I am fully aware that wouldn't resolve anything as my worries seem to be a bit mixed up. I.e. if you think you left the oven on, you check the oven. My worries now wouldn't even be resolved resetting the devices as nothing is broken. Does that make sense?

I am struggling a bit adjusting to being back in my flat after a few weeks of staying with my parents and I think some of that anxiety of how to get back into a normal routine may be making my OCD type behaviours worse.

Hope everyone doesn't mind me posting here. 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,782 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @OnlyAlex, you're always welcome to talk here and share your thoughts, we're all here to support each other. :)

I can empathise with the struggles of settling in after being somewhere else for a while, my ASD doesn't like it one bit and I do find myself stimming a lot more. I find it can take a while for the brain to adjust, so I try not to stress about it, as I find that just compounds the situation. It can be a vicious circle for sure. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • WebWaves
    WebWaves Scope Member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey @OnlyAlex, you're always welcome to talk here and share your thoughts, we're all here to support each other. :)

I can empathise with the struggles of settling in after being somewhere else for a while, my ASD doesn't like it one bit and I do find myself stimming a lot more. I find it can take a while for the brain to adjust, so I try not to stress about it, as I find that just compounds the situation. It can be a vicious circle for sure. 
    Thank you for replying and for sharing your insight. 🤗 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.