Assessment done — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment done

letitbe
letitbe Community member Posts: 263 Pioneering
Finally had my pip assessment this afternoon, took 90mins and I felt he rushed me and actually answered some of the question for me or brushed over some others. TBH I’m just glad it’s over and I fully expect at least 0 - 4 points . 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 3,817 Scope online community team
    Sorry to hear they rushed you @letitbe, but I'm glad it's over with for you, I know they're not the easiest things to go through. Just allow yourself some self care time and try and unwind. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • letitbe
    Sorry to hear they rushed you @letitbe, but I'm glad it's over with for you, I know they're not the easiest things to go through. Just allow yourself some self care time and try and unwind. 
    Thank you Albus - it was difficult I’m just disappointed in myself that I feel I didnt get across everything and felt rushed and through some of it . 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 3,817 Scope online community team
    I can totally relate with that feeling, I was very much the same. They do often feel very rushed due to the number of people they need to see each day.  Which isn't great for us obviously! 
    But you did it, which is amazing, so put the kettle on and try not to over-analyse things too much. Easier said than done of course. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,808 Disability Gamechanger
    The assessment is really only there for them to gather more evidence to support your claim. There will never be enough of time to go through every single thing. This is what the forms are there for and is your chance to get your point across to them by giving plenty of relevant information. 

Now the assessment is done, once the report is returned a decision can take up to about 12 weeks. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • letitbe
    The assessment is really only there for them to gather more evidence to support your claim. There will never be enough of time to go through every single thing. This is what the forms are there for and is your chance to get your point across to them by giving plenty of relevant information. 

Now the assessment is done, once the report is returned a decision can take up to about 12 weeks. 
    Ok thanks 🙏 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,592 Disability Gamechanger
    To be honest I wouldn't say that 90 minutes was "rushed" my review last year took about 20 minutes and my award stayed the same OH had similar and hers was increased

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• letitbe
    woodbine said:
    To be honest I wouldn't say that 90 minutes was "rushed" my review last year took about 20 minutes and my award stayed the same OH had similar and hers was increased

Yes you’re right 90mins doesn’t seem rushed really.
    maybe I just felt I didn’t get to explain things properly. 
  • poppy123456
    letitbe said:
    woodbine said:

A lot of people say that but that's what the form is for. I've had 3 PIP assessments in 10 years but one was paper based. Two assessments that were face to face were completed in less than 30 minutes, in fact my 2nd assessment was done in 10 minutes.

I was rather annoyed at the time to think they made me go all that way for such a short assessment when really it could have been a paper based assessment. Or they could have just rang me to ask me the couple of questions. My award was increased that time. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • letitbe
    letitbe said:
    woodbine said:

A lot of people say that but that's what the form is for. I've had 3 PIP assessments in 10 years but one was paper based. Two assessments that were face to face were completed in less than 30 minutes, in fact my 2nd assessment was done in 10 minutes.

I was rather annoyed at the time to think they made me go all that way for such a short assessment when really it could have been a paper based assessment. Or they could have just rang me to ask me the couple of questions. My award was increased that time. 
    Thank you 🙏 
    how long before they send report to DWP . I’ve read that some people get a test from DWP to say they’ve received the report on same day or day after. I’ve not got any text yet . 
  • letitbe
    letitbe said:
    woodbine said:

Thank you 
    I haven’t received a text from DWP to say they received the report , I’ve read some people get the text same day or day after. 
  • poppy123456
    Sometimes they send it within a few hours, other times it’s a few days and in other cases it can be quite a few weeks. If it’s chosen for audit then this will delay it being returned. 
  • letitbe
    Sometimes they send it within a few hours, other times it’s a few days and in other cases it can be quite a few weeks. If it’s chosen for audit then this will delay it being returned. 
    Do DWP always send a text to you to say they received from assessor ? 
  • poppy123456
    No, not always. 
  • letitbe
    No, not always. 
    Thx poppy 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.