Hospital appt.update — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hospital appt.update

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,592 Disability Gamechanger
I promised to update after I had been to the hospital today to see the eye people, basically my eye-sight has worsened over the last 6 months and they have now registered me partially sighted and referred me to the sight impaired clinic for practical help.

My condition might worsen but it might not and they will see me in 12 months time to check.
My eyes were shaking from side to side however they also shake up and down now as well.
The MRI scan confirmed that brain damage is probably the cause but that's not unexpected after stokes,TIA's and brain surgery.

Thanks to all those who have shown interest and offered support.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 19,285 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @woodbine I am so sorry your hospital appointment was not better news. Are you getting any support to help you with this diagnosis? Take care.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh @woodbine :( I'm so sorry!! I honestly don't even know what to say but please know I'm sending as many kind thoughts your way as possible <3 you've handled all of this with so much strength and I hope the sight impaired clinic has some good ideas to make things easier for you <3
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,516 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @woodbine ,  whoa you have got such a lot on your plate . I cannot imagine what you are going through. I hope things don't get worse for you . I am truly sorry to hear what you are having to deal with.  Sending gentle hugs.  Take care of yourself. 
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 13,525 Disability Gamechanger
    Sending hugs @woodbine
    Truly sorry x
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,425 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh no @woodbine I'm so sorry, must be hard to come to terms with. Hopefully the sight impairment team can help with gadgets etc
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,012 Disability Gamechanger

@woodbine
    Sorry I just saw this post. I’m so sorry this was the results you got but I pray the clinic will be able to help you with everything.
    You always deal with your challenges head on and it says a lot about your character. 
    Your a lovely strong man and I’m glad you have SM by your side.

Take care ❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.