Severe disability group UC and pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Severe disability group UC and pip

bobby123 Community member Posts: 188 Courageous,-would-you-qualify

I get lcwra and enhanced daily living pip.
According to the link if my psychiatrist filled on a form I can get placed in this group.

Can I ask the DWP to contact my psychiatrist so I placed in this group


  • bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 188 Courageous
    this is the group who will be exempt from work commitments when the work capability assessment is abolished
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,808 Disability Gamechanger
    In the link it suggests that DWP are going through claims to see who may qualify and will contact you to ask if you want to take part. They will then contact medical professionals to ask them to fill in the form.  

    Testing the criteria

    The DWP are currently running two tests of the draft Severe Disability Group criteria

    One test involves asking a selected group of clinicians to identify patients they believe are suitable.

    The other test involves the DWP contacting claimants they consider to be likely to meet the criteria and asking if they would be willing to take part.  If they are, the DWP will then contact their clinician and ask them to complete a brief form. 

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jonnyc
    Jonnyc Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Confusingly, there already is a SDG category for health care professionals to choose following an ESA work capability assessment. However, at least from what I have read on this forum, very few claimants are actually put in the group.

    Best wishes 
  • bookrabbit
    bookrabbit Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I wouldn't qualify that way because I don't have contact with a secondary clinician because I find contact with health professionals so difficult because of my autism. 
    Maybe that is why the assessor at my WCA yesterday mentioned secondary professionals so often? My supporter kept repeating that I couldn't cope with even the GP well and so didn't have that sort of input about my health.
    I am fairly sure I will be in the LCWRA group because she ended the assessment abruptly and when my supporter wanted to tell her more about the social and communication difficulties I have she said it would be a waste of time and she was doing me a favour and saving me more stress by leaving it there as I already scored maximum on the physical problems which are arthritis and fibromyalgia.
    So I qualify the current way but wouldn't the proposed new way.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.