Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

What time is dinner time?

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,948 Disability Gamechanger
What time do you have your last meal of the day??

On social media I see people going out to dinner at 8 and 9pm and it seems to late to me. 

I left home young but dinner was always served around 4pm and 5pm would be the latest. Some of my friends would sit to eat about 7pm so I always found it really weird.

I don't really eat to any sort of schedule any more but my last meal is usually by 6pm. 

What about everyone else?? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,989 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Tea (as we call it) for us is usually between 5pm and 6pm. When my children was small it would always be by about 5pm.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I forget people call it different things :D Supper is another one isn't it?

See I think 5-6pm is a good time for it. Gives it time to settle before bed! How are you settled in the new house, does it feel completely like home now? 
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 523 Pioneering
    Options
    My first & last meal is anywhere between 5:30 & 7:30pm, depends what it is & if I've been out.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    That's a good point about snacking @Beaver79! When I was little, we'd have dinner so early that I'd be hungry by bedtime but snacks weren't a thing. If I did that now I'd be munching all evening :D 

@JessieJ, if you have dinner at the later time do you tend to be up quite late afterwards? I love your gorgeous bunny profile picture btw <3 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,989 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I forget people call it different things :D Supper is another one isn't it?

See I think 5-6pm is a good time for it. Gives it time to settle before bed! How are you settled in the new house, does it feel completely like home now? 
    My friends husband always calls it supper. Yes, we have settled in our new home and yes, it definitely feels like home now, we absolutely love it here. It's a really nice area and our neighbours are lovely.

It still feels unreal and I can't believe it's our home and how lucky we were to be offered it. Thank you for asking, that's very kind of you!  :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I've been wondering how you're both getting on but get in my head and thinking maybe it's weird to ask :D 

Your happiness just bounces off the screen!! I'm so happy for you <3
    I felt the same way when I moved into my current house, it just felt unreal and it's been a few years now but I still look around and think how lucky I am sometimes!! 
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Pioneering
    Options
    Evening meal for me is at 4.30- 5pm, I cant eat any later, I have a mortality disorder. Muscles in my oesophagus don’t work as they should. But I don’t think I would like to eat any later than that anyways except for having a biscuit with a cuppa around 7 that would be nice.  
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,787 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Is it something that might improve one day so you could have your tea and biscuits in the evening @Zimba?

@Overlyanxious!!!!! It's so so nice to see you post!!! Is it always bang on 6pm for you or do you ever vary it? <3 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,960 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't have a set time but it seems I go against the tide here because I prefer to eat a bit later, maybe between 6.30-7.30pm!! :) 
  • OverlyAnxious
    Options

@Overlyanxious!!!!! It's so so nice to see you post!!! Is it always bang on 6pm for you or do you ever vary it? <3 
    Always 6pm on the dot.  My stomach is incredibly sensitive to even 10 minutes late.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    That's interesting @OverlyAnxious, I don't think mine would notice!! Do you have all your meals at the same sort of time throughout the day too? 
  • JessieJ
    edited March 3
    Options

@JessieJ, if you have dinner at the later time do you tend to be up quite late afterwards? I love your gorgeous bunny profile picture btw <3 
    I'm up until the early hours anyway, @Biblioklept, never in bed before 2am.
    Thanks, I cast my clout early to get into spring. ;)

@Zimba, do you mean (dys)motility disorder? As I have the same going on.

So pleased for you, Poppy! B)

• OverlyAnxious
    Options
    That's interesting @OverlyAnxious, I don't think mine would notice!! Do you have all your meals at the same sort of time throughout the day too? 
    Yes.  Meals and bathroom visits at roughly the same time every day.  That was the only way I could manage my body well enough to get out for 1-2 hours each day a few years ago.  Though by 2019 that was no longer working and stomach/bowel issues became too unpredictable.

Made a rod for my own back now because these set meal times and bathroom visits mean that I can't cope with even minor adjustment to the daily routine without exacerbating stomach & bowel issues for days, weeks and sometimes months afterwards.  That's far more debilitating than the MH issues.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We've just started calling it "fudz time" but dogs and cat eat at 6pm sharp (or we get yelled at) then humans eat at 7pm. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Pioneering
    Options
    @JessieJ
    Yes we have the same I think, my food gets stuck which is a little painful, I love sushi but it’s impossible for me to eat.  How does yours affect you?

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Because I work until 6pm, anywhere between 6:30pm and 8pm I can end up having dinner. Depends on what I cook, if I order in or if we go out. On my days off I do eat earlier around 5pm :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,350 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

It’s always been been round about 5 - 5.30.
    It was always that time growing up and Ive just stuck with it.

I hope everyone has a lovely day. 

❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,545 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any time between 5 and 6 for me tea time  
  • JessieJ
    edited March 7
    Options
    Zimba said:
    @JessieJ
    Yes we have the same I think, my food gets stuck which is a little painful, I love sushi but it’s impossible for me to eat.  How does yours affect you?

Sorry, for my late reply, @Zimba, I don't have notifications switched on.

The dysmotility means foods don't go down & clear properly, but I have a couple of other things going on too & it was only looking into the obvious that it showed up all. I have trouble swallowing as well, sometimes I actually can't. So like you with sushi, there are some foods I have to be careful with or avoid. I have a tightening of the cricopharyngeal muscle, my voice is hoarse & I lose it daily, multiple times. Basically, the top & bottom sphincters don't work, as well as the bit in the middle! :D

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.