Why Is Everything Such A Big Fight ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why Is Everything Such A Big Fight ?

Options
Beaver79
Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,090 Disability Gamechanger
I am having a nightmare day.
I phoned the doctors at 8.01am was 23 in the queue. So left on hold let the dog out made a cup of tea was then 15 in the queue. I got though after 20 minutes to be told no appointments left. If I told them what the problem was they could direct me somewhere else. I refused and told her my systems which seemed to send up a red flag somewhere and I managed to get a phone appointment for between 1 and 3pm this afternoon. 

Then I phoned the vets my dog needs his annual booster. I asked for an appointment for tomorrow no appointments. I could phone 8.00am tomorrow for an on the day appointment. This is the vets. I asked for the first bookable appointment  next Tuesday at 8.30am. I hung up otherwise I might have said something very bad. I calmed down and rang back just as well I had not given my name. I asked for an appointment for Wed 13 March and got two choices 9.30am or 2.20pm. I took the 2.20pm.

I am now exhausted.

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,213 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sorry you're having such a rough day @Beaver79! It's so hard to get through to doctors these days. Glad you were at least able to get a phone call in the end, but horrible how much you had to fight to get there. And to have to go through the same thing with the vets, I don't blame you for feeling exhausted!

Take care of yourself today, sounds like it's time to put your feet up! Hope your day gets better <3 
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,090 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Quick update I had my phone conversation with the doctor and I need a face to face appointment. This is at 9.50am tomorrow. I need a lie down. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,342 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What a night mare  it's always a palava with drs but I'd expect the vets to be more accommodating 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,237 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Beaver79
    It’s unbelievable the carryon you’ve had just to get an appointment with a doctor. 
    Glad you weren’t pushed into getting redirected somewhere else.
    I think the worlds gone mad sorry you had bother with the vets too. 
    Good luck for tomorrow with the doctor. 

❤️
  • Beaver79
    Options
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,646 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is it me or is life just getting harder and harder ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Beaver79
    Options
    I think it is @woodbine I thought the vets would be easier as you have to pay.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope they can get you all fixed up at the doctors tomorrow @Beaver79 and you feel better soon!! <3 It's silly really, if they'd just seen you in person today then you wouldn't need a second appointment tomorrow! They're just making more work for themselves!!! 🤦

I'd never have guessed it's just as hard getting a vet appointment 😲
  • Beaver79
    Options
    It is silly @Biblioklept It has never been so hard getting a vet appointment before. I have been going to this vets for 15 years with one pet or another.
    I think it was just one of those days.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't know how much vet appointments cost but I don't imagine they're cheap either which makes it even more annoying that they're not being flexible!! Sending good luck for the doctors tomorrow @Beaver79 <3 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.