How was the budget ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How was the budget ?

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
edited March 7 in Coffee lounge
What did you think of today budget ? One thing is clear that despite two 2% cuts to N.I we will still be paying more tax than at any point in 76 years, it was a political non event.
N.I cuts are all well and good for those who work but many of us don't, luckily this govts. days are numbered.

What did you think ?
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Waste of time.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,206 Scope online community team
    Options
    I've moved your post out of the games lounge and into the coffee lounge for you @woodbine :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Albus_Scope thanks no idea how it ended up there
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• UKDJ
    UKDJ Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Options
    Typical Con-servative budget - sweeteners for the wealthiest but nothing to stimulate the 'bottom-rung' of the housing ladder.
    Let's hope the upcoming local elections are a sign of things to come and the 'beginning of the end' of the Con-servatives...!
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    That budget is the final nail in the coffin for me for the tories, time to get rid of them. I now know who I'm voting for in the elections.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine

No comments on the politics but just wanted to share, as I follow some financial stuff online and recently read a few figures you might find interesting about the tax burden on lower income people etc ...

- Over 20% of income taxpayers are retired

- 1 in 10 income taxpayers are over 75

Also the state pension is approx £11,000 a year. If the income tax bands are to be frozen till 2028 it's way more than a possibility that it will go over £12,500 before then due to inflation and you will be paying tax on your state pension e.g. they will give you some then just take it away again 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.