Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Mental health nurse today

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 12,107 Disability Gamechanger
Saw the MH nurse at doctors today, he was excellent, increased one of my meds that had been reduced last year and we had a good chat, got to see him again in around 4 weeks.
Feeling more positive than I have for ages.

2024 Election won

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great to hear @woodbine. I find it makes all the difference getting someone who you get on with. Especially with mental health, with physical stuff they just have a job to do so doesn't matter quite as much but with MH you really need someone who is amicable and understands you. I'm glad you are feeling up today
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,645 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad it was positive @woodbine  
  • letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 457 Pioneering
    edited March 11
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Saw the MH nurse at doctors today, he was excellent, increased one of my meds that had been reduced last year and we had a good chat, got to see him again in around 4 weeks.
    Feeling more positive than I have for ages.
    . The CMHT I’m with atm have made me worse especially the psychiatric nurse who just constantly talks over me . Glad you got a nice MH nurse
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,162 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That is good to hear @woodbine - so pleased that an understanding MH nurse has made things feel more positive :)
    So sorry @letitbe - whether it's a Dr or nurse, I can't understand how they can help if they first don't listen.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,931 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    good to know you are getting heard @woodbine, sorry you didn't have the same experiance @letitbe

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,568 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really glad to hear things are looking more positive for you @woodbine, I'm really happy for you. :) 

I can totally understand @letitbe, having the right nurse can make a world of difference.  I hope you can talk to your nurse and get that sorted out quickly. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.