Hospital very helpful today — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hospital very helpful today

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
Not long ago I was given a  CVI (certificate of visual impairment) and today I went to the  Visual Impairment clinic, I really didn't know what to expect but the young woman I saw was incredibly helpful.

I came away after an hour with a magnifying glass with a light and holder, some clear glasses with one eye glazed over and a very small telescope type thing, and feeling much more confident about my sight loss. She is also going to chase up social services who will come and see what adjustments I might need at home and who will supply the right white walking stick.

It's been a really difficult few months with my eyes being bad not now and then but every day, apparently they shake from side to side and up and down and don't connect to my brain as they should (due to brain damage over the last 20 odd years), now it's time to get on with my life with all it's new restrictions.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.