Warm HOme Discount Scheme — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Warm HOme Discount Scheme

stay_positive
stay_positive Community member Posts: 231 Courageous
Last year we got a letter saying we were eligible for the warm home discount scheme, we received the first voucher for £75 , then my husband got an email form Utilita who are our energy providers saying how to use the energy voucher , he opened it and no voucher was attached with the bar code . So he called them and they said they'd check our entitlement , said yes entitled and they'd send the bar code, never came , phoned again same thing no bar code sent , he phoned again same thing and today again and they said just wait for the voucher and it will come , But they said we would receive it by March 31st , so now waiting again . 
I think we should report Utilita for messing around with this . 
I am not happy with them because in December 2022 when I got diagnosed with uterine cancer MacMillan said call your provider and they should give you a lower tariff , husband called and they said yes we can do that for you , but then they said in order to get the lower tarif we would have to have smart meters installed , I don't want the smart meters for personal beliefs and reasons, so we declined . But they were blackmailing us , not only that blackmailing someone with cancer who needed to stay warm , they are not a good company , but we have no choice as we have prepayment meters which we are happy with , no chance of debt . 
Have anyone else had any issues receiving the warm home discount vouchers ?
 Thanks for reading .
Tagged:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.