If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Private psychotherapist

Options
letitbe
letitbe Community member Posts: 340 Pioneering
After being rejected by quite a lot of psychologists because of EUPD and safeguarding ( that’s what they said ) I think I have found a psychotherapist that will to try and help me, they charge £90 for 50 mins so part of my pip will pay for this. They said cause my issues are longstanding it won’t be quick fix but I’m happy that someone is willing to try an help . 🙏

Comments

  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,738 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good news @letitbe do you know when your first appointment will be? I hope it goes well and helps you. Take care. 
  • letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 340 Pioneering
    Options
    Beaver79 said:
    Good news @letitbe do you know when your first appointment will be? I hope it goes well and helps you. Take care. 
    Thanks Beaver79 , first session in 2 weeks and hopefully if all goes ok will be weekly after that.  Hope they’ll be able to help and get to root of all problems . 🙏
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,050 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not sure if this is relevant for you but lots of therapists offer a free or discounted first session, so you can see whether you "gel" with the person or not

    In my opinion, people work better with different types of people and how they choose to work. Not all professionals, regardless of level of qualification, are capable of adapting to every single individual patient's unique needs

    I have certainly found that some of the less qualified professionals I've had talking therapy with, I've really gotten on well with, and got loads of support from them

    Likewise I have had extremely qualified professionals who almost came across as aloof and that I was the "wrong kind of patient" when their treatments didn't work on me!

    I hope this helps a little but most of all, good luck - I hope it goes well :) 
  • letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 340 Pioneering
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Not sure if this is relevant for you but lots of therapists offer a free or discounted first session, so you can see whether you "gel" with the person or not

    In my opinion, people work better with different types of people and how they choose to work. Not all professionals, regardless of level of qualification, are capable of adapting to every single individual patient's unique needs

    I have certainly found that some of the less qualified professionals I've had talking therapy with, I've really gotten on well with, and got loads of support from them

    Likewise I have had extremely qualified professionals who almost came across as aloof and that I was the "wrong kind of patient" when their treatments didn't work on me!

    I hope this helps a little but most of all, good luck - I hope it goes well :) 
    Thanks 66mustang 
    I totally understand what you’re saying . I spoke with another on the phone a few days ago and he annoyed me just in a brief telephone consultation, so didn’t bother emailing him back . I’ve had better support from a particular charitable organisation than I have had from any CMHT team that I’ve been under . Just hope that finally I’ll be able to get to root of some of my issues and maybe have a chance at a better life , it’ll take time I know but no other choice . Thanks again 🙏
  • letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 340 Pioneering
    Options
    letitbe said:
    66Mustang said:
    Not sure if this is relevant for you but lots of therapists offer a free or discounted first session, so you can see whether you "gel" with the person or not

    In my opinion, people work better with different types of people and how they choose to work. Not all professionals, regardless of level of qualification, are capable of adapting to every single individual patient's unique needs

    I have certainly found that some of the less qualified professionals I've had talking therapy with, I've really gotten on well with, and got loads of support from them

    Likewise I have had extremely qualified professionals who almost came across as aloof and that I was the "wrong kind of patient" when their treatments didn't work on me!

    I hope this helps a little but most of all, good luck - I hope it goes well :) 
    Thanks 66mustang 
    I totally understand what you’re saying . I spoke with another on the phone a few days ago and he annoyed me just in a brief telephone consultation, so didn’t bother emailing him back . I’ve had better support from a particular charitable organisation than I have had from any CMHT team that I’ve been under . Just hope that finally I’ll be able to get to root of some of my issues and maybe have a chance at a better life , it’ll take time I know but no other choice . Thanks again 🙏
    🙏
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,050 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will get there @letitbe ... I know that's easy to say, I myself have accused people of saying it with no basis in the past

    If you imagine the years of life to be like a graph - I've been on the way down, and then completely bottomed out, for the last several years, but this year I finally managed to pick up and think I am now on the way up, quite early on, but heading up

    What's more, I think the hardest bit is changing that line from a downward slope or a flat slope, to one that climbs up ... once you crack that, I believe things are actually very much exponential, a bit like a snowball - I've already noticed several times, evidence that good things really do feed off each other and multiply again and again 👍

    Best of luck :blush:
  • letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 340 Pioneering
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    You will get there @letitbe ... I know that's easy to say, I myself have accused people of saying it with no basis in the past

    If you imagine the years of life to be like a graph - I've been on the way down, and then completely bottomed out, for the last several years, but this year I finally managed to pick up and think I am now on the way up, quite early on, but heading up

    What's more, I think the hardest bit is changing that line from a downward slope or a flat slope, to one that climbs up ... once you crack that, I believe things are actually very much exponential, a bit like a snowball - I've already noticed several times, evidence that good things really do feed off each other and multiply again and again 👍

    Best of luck :blush:
    Thx 66mustang for your words of encouragement. I really hope I can but I know it’s a journey . Once step at a time . I also think good feeds off good :) 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.