Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Steroid injection for shoulder pain

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,738 Disability Gamechanger
I've had problems with my shoulder for months now, it's not as bad as it used to be but still very sore and I have VERY little movement in it. I received an appointment for an "ultrasound guided steroid injection"

I don't know if I can even go but if I do, what can I expect?? I tried looking online but everyone says how painful they can be and I can't see much about the actual process, especially the ultrasound guided ones?? 

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,657 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Biblioklept
    I have been thinking about you over the past couple of weeks as I noticed you haven’t been on. I meant to send you a PM but I kept forgetting as had some things going on. I’m sorry I should’ve made for off an effort. 🤦‍♀️

Im sorry your shoulder is still as sore and you are in even more pain now with it.
    I don’t know anything about the ultrasound injection but I have received cortisone steroid injections into my knees before it was a bit uncomfortable but it was over with quickly and it really helped. 
    I hope you manage to go to the appointment as I think it should help you. 

Take care and I’m always here if you need to chat. ❤️

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,782 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Biblioklept sorry to hear about your shoulder, that can't be fun! I hope you're doing ok. 
    I've had a few ultrasound guided injections in my feet and ankle and yes it stings a bit (especially in such tricky areas) but they're worth it in the long run. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • onedayatatime
    onedayatatime Community member Posts: 88 Pioneering
    Options
    I've had steroid injections in my foot. If i remember right, I think they injected a numbing thing at the same time? I was terrified at the thought of it all, but honestly, whatever pain you get from the injection (mine was totally minimum) the benefits can really be worth it. 
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,652 Pioneering
    Options
    I've had problems with my shoulder for months now, it's not as bad as it used to be but still very sore and I have VERY little movement in it. I received an appointment for an "ultrasound guided steroid injection"

I don't know if I can even go but if I do, what can I expect?? I tried looking online but everyone says how painful they can be and I can't see much about the actual process, especially the ultrasound guided ones?? 

I had US guided injections in my shoulders last year and they were painless !
  • TerryG
    TerryG Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Hi Bibli

I have had 2 steroid injections in both knees,and in L4&L5 Facet joints in the back.It worked temporarily in the knees but it's not a cure,the second lot in the knees one was excruciatingly painful,I was having an attack and it made it alot worse,the Dr should not have done the one with it flared up.They do these at the Dr's Surgery 
    The ones in the back were done in hospital,the surgeon said get me the big needles!!!!,he done the first one no bother,then the next one hit the spine bone,I nearly jumped off the table,happened again on the next last one was OK.The injections didn't work for me,after a week or so back to pain again.
    Some people they work for some they don't my advice would be to have them,the worst think is they won't work.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.