Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is debzz72! Lost transitional protection

Options
debzz72
debzz72 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 12 in Universal Credit (UC)

hello everyone I have a couple of questions I would like to ask the group

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,911 Scope online community team
    Options

Hello @debzz72, welcome to the community. Hope you're doing well today 😊

We've got some really helpful members so I'm sure they'd be happy to help with your questions, feel free to ask away!

Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • debzz72
    Options

I migrated from tax credits to universal credits in September 2023, I worked a lot more in peak season and my work coach knew my earnings were very up and down. Anyway to cut along story very short I didn’t know or was I told that if I didn’t meet the AET in 3 consecutive months which I didn’t I would lose my transitional protection which I have, and now I’m not get anything which has caused me a lot of distress, is there anything I can do as surely she should of told me? In my journal she just put I didn’t need to look for work and if anything changes she would let me know but she didn’t, I honestly didn’t know about aet until I looked deeper into this myself, there saying as I excepted my commitments and it’s tough.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,990 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Unfortunately, it's written into the managed migration process that TP erodes if you have 3 AP below the AET. As it's law there's nothing you can do unfortunately. This doesn't stop you making a formal complaint about the work coach though. There's information here about UC and complaints. Scroll to the bottom of this link for UC information. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debzz72
    Options
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.