Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Life

Options
letitbe
letitbe Community member Posts: 458 Pioneering
edited June 15 in Coffee lounge

Looking back on my life I never achieved anything . Left school early because I couldn’t cope , left college early coz couldn’t cope could only ever work part time and when offered a promotion I would panic because I needed routine and couldn’t cope with change. I suppose my whole life has been a state of anxiety that’s actually got worse the older I’ve got. I’m not feeling sorry for myself, I had potential to live life but was never able to push through most of my struggles , I did at times but when it became too much I ran away .

Comments

• letitbe
    Options

thanks Beaver79. Just having one of those days. My MH issues have been getting quite intense , I’m paying for private psychoanalysis from my pip money , I’ve only had a few sessions but maybe it’s bringing up a lot for me coz it goes back to childhood where it all started. I love cats 🐈‍⬛ and maybe one would help because there are days when I can’t leave home and it would be good company for me. Thanks for listening and ur advice x

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,381 Scope online community team
    Options

Hello @letitbe, can I ask what achieving looks like to you? You say you haven't achieved anything but from your first post alone it would seem to me you've achieved something most people spend their whole lives looking for: understanding yourself.

Instead of viewing it as "couldn't cope", you might find looking at leaving situations that weren't right for you as a positive step. Recognising when a situation isn't serving your well-being and having the courage to walk away is a significant achievement in itself.

You also mentioned you were offered a promotion when you worked, which shows you were achieving very well at your work and this was recognised by other people. That recognition indicates that others saw your potential and valued your contributions.

It's important to remember that achievements come in many forms, and they don't always look like the traditional milestones society often celebrates. Managing anxiety and making decisions that prioritise your mental health are profound accomplishments. Every small step you take to care for yourself and navigate through life is an achievement.

Please be kind to yourself and acknowledge the strength it takes to face life's challenges. Your journey is unique, and the fact that you're reflecting on it and sharing your experiences here is a testament to your resilience.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • letitbe
    Options

thanks Adrian, I did have potential to do really well in life ( work etc ) even owning a home 🏠 but it all overwhelmed me so never happened. I’ve always had self reflection and insight into my MH struggles but was never able to push through when it really mattered. It’s a day of staying in bed today .
    thanks for your reply it’s really appreciated.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.