Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Genetic spastic diplegia
We are struggling to get a proper diagnosis for our 9 year old daughter. she wasnt diagnosed until 6 when walking became an issue (she had met all her milestones growing up) they diagnosed CP spastic diplegia, but we are wondering if there is a genetic link as I too have very tight legs that dont straighten when i walk, very busy nerves and have had hip/ walking issues growing up. My father cannot walk and has a profound limp legs buckiling in. Anyone know of a genetic link through generations? what genetic research/ councellors etc are available to me in Wales/England - Help as her condition is worsening.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.