Glue Ear — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Glue Ear

Tripletmom
Tripletmom Community member Posts: 37 Listener
Hi,

After lots of hearing tests, one including putting my son to sleep but it went wrong and he ended up in the intensive care, I have now been told my son needs grommets due to having glue ear in both ears? Just want to know peoples experiences? Are they worth it? Thanks

Comments

• imogen37
    imogen37 Community member Posts: 61 Listener
    Hi

No experience with grommets, but we are regulars at audiology as both of my boys have hearing problems. One of them had a glue ear at one appointment, the consultant said that they wouldn't rush with grommets as glue ear often clears by itself. Sure enough, 2 months later it was gone.

x
  • Tripletmom
    Tripletmom Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    My son has had glue ear on last 3 appointments:) ive got an appointment next week so can see what happens next, if i want to go ahead with grommets or not?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bex12, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's situation and that you're feeling anxious. Unfortunately the above comments are from a fair few years ago so the posters may not respond, however I'll move this post into a new discussion and hopefully some of our community members will be able to offer some words of comfort. 
  • cdh_2802
    cdh_2802 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

I am a first year business student in France and I am looking for information about healthcare apps, and how they are perceived by parents around the world. I have chosen a free app, which won the award for the best peadiatric app in 2019, for my research. It is aimed at young children who have glue ear : https://www.cambridgedigitalhealth.co.uk/apps-1 and would welcome your feedback. The app is free to download and probably quite fun to use for the child. If you have downloaded it and used it I would be very grateful if you could answer to few questions about the application, so you can send me a private message. If this is of interest, I am happy to share my findings once I have completed my project.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.