Knee surgery — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Knee surgery

Foss2211
Foss2211 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm approaching 50, have a mild form of cp. walking with a scissor gait. Left knee bone rubbing on bone and orthopaedic consultant not sure what to to for the best. Going for a second opinion soon.
Hopefully some one out there has been through this....and has a solution. An experienced surgeon in manchester area would be a great find for me.

Comments

• Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Difficult for me to advise directly.

But I do know how important correct fitting shoes are, with maybe sport insoles that absorb shock. Might be worth looking into the many different options with footwear and orthotics to see if there is one that can help you.

Physio is also important. Try low impact things like swimming, helps build muscle that will benefit you long term, without putting strain on the joints. Cycling is also low impact and can be excellent at building mussels around the knee to help support the joints.

I also have CP and the gait pattern you describe, and I know when you find something that works it is worth putting the effort in. Takes time to see results but you will. All the best

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.