Hi, I'm Heather — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Heather

Options
Heather
Heather Community member Posts: 168 Connected
Hi, my name is Heather. I have two children (and a husband...not sure if that makes three children?!) My eldest is Sarah who is 13 and at secondary school, my son is Nicholas who is 9 and attends a school for severe, profound and complex special needs.
Nicholas' diagnoses has been very long and drawn out. Although we knew from birth things weren't "normal" He was first diagnosed with Global Development Delay, profound hearing lose (gromits didn't sort that problem out) so then the "heavy diagnoses came in, Autism, Dyspraxia, Epilepsy, ADHD, Asthma and now SOTOs. He is challenging, still toilet training and has no speech but has the biggest smile and cuddles on this planet!
Having just completed the "Caring with Confidence Course" I can now see that all three of my family require my assistance for completely different reasons and being a full time Mum is hard work and rewarding!

Comments

• Heather
    Heather Community member Posts: 168 Connected
    Options
    Two years on and we find ourselves having survived the roller coaster red tape of education. We've had some difficult times, but sharing them on Netbuddy has provided some strength to carry on and now we are reaping the rewards. We have gone through house adaptions, more medical investigations, found a fantastic new school who are supporting our son to reach his full potential. Our son is growing in confidence and attempting to talk, aged 12 it is giving us hope for his future and we have some quality in our lives. No miracle cures will ever be found, but here on Netbuddy we have found friends, support and great advice. thank you everyone who is making it all work!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.