Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
useful bus info
After all the fun with the buses today see post "if you dont laugh you cry" we made a complaint to Stagecoach Northeast about wheelchair access to their buses. We've just had a call back from an extremely apologetic and understanding manager. He has informed us that they have a procedure in place where the driver is supposed to contact control and either arrange for the bus to be swapped for one with access, or if that is not possible, the control will arrange alternative transport eg a taxi. I don't know if that is just for this company or for all bus services but maybe worth remembering next time you use a bus. Also like to add that am very pleased at the speed of his response to complaint and the way it was handled within an hour or 2 of the complaint being made.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.