Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Grant/funding for home adaptations
My partners little boy has spastic cerebral palsy, he is 4 and we have just been told the nerves in his lower legs are not being reached by his brain so he will never walk. He currently lives with his mum in England but we live here in Wales and need to find out if we can get some funding to adapt our house (that we own) for him for when he comes to stay - usually every two weeks and all over his school holidays. We need a downstairs loo/shower room and also a stairlift. His mum is currently in the processs of being moved to a suitable home as she is in a privately rented house at the moment. Are there any organisations we can contact to help us and/or has anyone had any similar experiences in relation to this? Help!
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 621 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.