Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
wheelchairs in and around school for my daughter
my daughter has cerebral palsy and recently around school has needed her wheelchair. She has a statement so receives help throughout her day, but due to the wheelchair we have had problem upon problem. My daughter can self propel but this isn't always easy for her. The assistance at school from staff and her one close friend, has been raised as a problem due to them maybe occurring a bad back due to pushing/helping her around. Has anyone else ever came across this? As it is now affecting my daughter emotionally as she is for the first time feeling like a problem. where is the happy medium between school policy and my daughters wellbeing? can anyone help with any advice please?
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.