Beating the January blues — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Beating the January blues

Options
Emma
Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
Every year one in four of us will be affected by a mental health problem. We know how hard it can be to talk about mental health, so we've invited Kat, an information officer at Mind, to join us on the community this week and answer your questions. She'll be here all week so please feel free to ask her about any problems you may be experiencing - no matter how big or small: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/27452/ask-about-mental-health

Comments

• redchicken43
    redchicken43 Community member Posts: 48 Pioneering
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This is a fantastic website and it has a great deal of very useful information, but I would like to know of people's positive experiences with dealing with disability. Ive been fortunate to have always been in full time employment and have a great wife and 2 brilliant children and I have CP since birth. Seems mundane but this is more than I thought I would achieve when I was a child growing up
  • Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You are absolutely right ... it really is important to celebrate successes, no matter how 'mundane' they may sound (and by the way I don't think having a great wife and 2 brilliant children sounds at all mundane!) That's why we've started a positivity thread over on the community noticeboard. Do please join in :-) https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/27480/positivity-thread

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.