Hi, my name is Grannia50! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Grannia50!

Options
Grannia50
Grannia50 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2015 in Start here and say hello!
I have mobility issues and an auto-immune skin condition basically I'm allergic to the sun, this does not mean I have to hide in darkness it is not that severe, but the sun aggravates an autoimmune reaction, that causes my skin to blister, so I am on permanent meds, I also have arthritis mobility issues, and suffer from depression. I work full-time, and successfully "hide" my disability. I do have a blue badge, which causes people both in and out of work to make comments. I am fat, mainly because I cannot exercise, and any help groups where I could get help are during the day, when I am at work. Yes I can walk, but not very far, I have to sit every few metres, although it would seem far enough to prevent me getting DLA. Work is getting too much for me, but, as I have worked throughout, and did not remain on benefits 20 years ago. I am not classed as being "disabled" so I am scared to give it up as I could lose everything that I have worked so hard for. That is my moan over for now

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.