Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Hotwheelz!
hi, I'm Hotwheelz and I've joined the Scope community because I have 'Medically Unexplained Symptoms', a cluster of health problems related to ME, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and gulf war syndrome oddly enough. I'm being investigated for two seperate sleep disorders which between them mean I get enough REM to be alive and no more, and my other main symptoms are severe muscular spasms, sporadic loss of voluntary movement, foggy-headedness (is that even a word?), chronic fatigue and intense spinal pain. I've been in a wheelchair for six years now with my husband caring for me. We got married with me in the chair, and are looking at starting a family, since I'm lucky and my life goals of being a writer and a mom can be achieved while I'm still sick. Not everyone is as lucky as me with my family and husband nearby, so a strong community and a strong voice is needed to help each other and protect ourselves. I want to be part of that here.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments