Hi, my name is Hotwheelz! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Hotwheelz!

Options
Hotwheelz
Hotwheelz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2015 in Start here and say hello!
hi, I'm Hotwheelz and I've joined the Scope community because I have 'Medically Unexplained Symptoms', a cluster of health problems related to ME, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and gulf war syndrome oddly enough. I'm being investigated for two seperate sleep disorders which between them mean I get enough REM to be alive and no more, and my other main symptoms are severe muscular spasms, sporadic loss of voluntary movement, foggy-headedness (is that even a word?), chronic fatigue and intense spinal pain. I've been in a wheelchair for six years now with my husband caring for me. We got married with me in the chair, and are looking at starting a family, since I'm lucky and my life goals of being a writer and a mom can be achieved while I'm still sick. Not everyone is as lucky as me with my family and husband nearby, so a strong community and a strong voice is needed to help each other and protect ourselves. I want to be part of that here.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.