Hi, my name is FightingFreedom! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is FightingFreedom!

Options
FightingFreedom
FightingFreedom Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm 20 (turn 21 next week) I've always been unwell but it never dictated my life but over the last 18 months it's descented and I've had complications we didn't foreseen. I have EDS and POTS/Bladder failure and cardiac and respiratory problems plus many others but it has now took over my life making me very sick and losing so much of my independence/dignity and just life of a 21 year old to a point that has meant I've become fully wheelchair bound can't even stand at moment and only have a small chance of learning to walk again but even that might be years away and I have a long term SPC and a multitude of medical problems. I've spent the last months in hospital and adapting back home and to a life with carers, nurses and relying on everyone else for nearly everything makes me feel so frustrated. My friends don't understand and just don't get it. I don't have anyone around who is similar to me/or in wheelchair so I was hoping to find people who might understand and bit of support.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.