Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is FightingFreedom!
I'm 20 (turn 21 next week) I've always been unwell but it never dictated my life but over the last 18 months it's descented and I've had complications we didn't foreseen. I have EDS and POTS/Bladder failure and cardiac and respiratory problems plus many others but it has now took over my life making me very sick and losing so much of my independence/dignity and just life of a 21 year old to a point that has meant I've become fully wheelchair bound can't even stand at moment and only have a small chance of learning to walk again but even that might be years away and I have a long term SPC and a multitude of medical problems. I've spent the last months in hospital and adapting back home and to a life with carers, nurses and relying on everyone else for nearly everything makes me feel so frustrated. My friends don't understand and just don't get it. I don't have anyone around who is similar to me/or in wheelchair so I was hoping to find people who might understand and bit of support.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.