Struggling to get the o/t to get the much needed mobility equiptment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Struggling to get the o/t to get the much needed mobility equiptment

Options
Cypressa
Cypressa Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Ive had 4 failed spine ops that have resulted in not being able to walk properly now ive contacted o/t only to be ignored as cant get upstairs and use a bath etc everythings done on lower level even my 2nd hand wheelchair has finally collapsed mobility scooter is broken so 4 walls is all i see now pip is failing to provide the correct paperwork needed as it was written wrong by just one word so cant go down that road till its sorted just wondered what can be done now as i need the help from the o/t team . Dont get esa as been declined even though my legs dont work or income support just survive on my pip money alone nothing else any advice as cant afford to buy anything

Comments

• Sussexgal
    Sussexgal Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi, It seems to me you are having a really tough time. The best way to get an Outreach OT is via your GP. I have recently requested such a visit with regard to difficulties with stairs and showering. As for forms, they can be very tricky and as you have discovered one mistake sets everything off. You should appeal against decisions made by the ESA team. A high percentage of claims appealed are won. There is a website that would help you do this Benefitsand work.co.uk. If you receive Mobility PIP you can lease Scooters from Motability they too are on the web. The Red cross also have wheelchairs they can loan out for a small donation. Hope this helps you :)
  • Sussexgal
    Sussexgal Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    just to add to the above you can also get one off disability grants some of these can be found on the web too.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.