Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Reducing hours at work
Has anyone managed to reduce the hours they work? My CP seems to be getting worse as I get older and I'm struggling to work full time and look after myself and family. I would love to only work 3-4 days a week and have discussed this several times with my boss who constantly says I can go part time when we get more funding or someone leaves but I'm yet to be offered reduced hours. I discussed this with my GP who offered to sign me off sick but I don't feel this is productive. I discussed part time hours with my depute boss today who suggested retiring and claiming Pip! I'm only in my 20's! Does anyone have any tips for dealing with employers. I don't want to say I'm not coping at work as the last time I did this I got suspended from clinical duties incase I harmed a service user!
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 689 Autism and neurodiversity
- 821 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.