Post closed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Post closed

BigLifeFix
BigLifeFix Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone,

I am contacting you from BAFTA-winning television production company Studio Lambert, creators of Gogglebox and Undercover Boss.

We are making an exciting and innovative new science series for BBC Two called Big Life Fix (working title). The programme is inspired by the recent raft of incredible, life-changing inventions that have gripped the nation, from 3D-printed prosthetic hands to robotic legs for those living with spinal injuries.

Across the series, our team of expert engineers and technologists will create bespoke inventions for individuals, families and groups to transform their lives for the better.

We would like to reach out to the members here to offer them the opportunity to get involved. We would like to speak to people who think they could benefit from the help of our expert team, or even people who would like to nominate a loved one. If selected, our team will work with them to tackle a problem or challenge in their life using ingenious design and technology. No problem is too big or too small - whether you find it difficult putting the kettle on with arthritis or whether you want to take up a new hobby but need bespoke equipment to help, we would love to hear from you.

If anybody is interested in being considered for the programme, or if they would like some more information, they can get in touch with the production team on:

biglifefix@studiolambert.com or 020 3040 6809

Thanks so much,
The Big Life Fix Team

Comments

• TASHA82
    TASHA82 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi I have a 2 year old with evolving motor disorder, cerebral palsy, she is managing to cruise along the furniture,and standing independently for about 3-8 seconds, she will try and walk every day however can only take about 3-8 steps at a time and then loses her balance. The Physio feels that she does not need a walking frame or tripod as she is doing well independently. I was just wondering if you had any ideas that may encourage my daughter to further her independence and help her walk further than she can now

Kind regards

Natasha (mum) x
  • Rocky
    Rocky Community member Posts: 76 Listener
    Hi Tasha, I expect other parents will contribute ideas to this discussion so just wanted to say that with cp or any sort of neurological condition, each child will do things and reach milestones at different times. It is great that she is attempting to walk and I am sure this will improve as her muscles get stronger due to the physiotherapy. I think you will just have to monitor the situation and see how she progresses and then maybe think about further support or aids. For example Pedro boots are often prescribed for children with cerebral palsy due to the additional support they give to the foot and ankle.
    Best wishes

Rocky

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.