Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Fuel Poverty and disabled people - are you disabled and struggling to afford to heat your home?
Hi, I'm Ruth Patrick and I write for the online magazine Disability Now. I'm currently writing a big piece on disabled people's experiences of fuel poverty (struggling to afford to heat their own homes) and I'd be really keen to talk to anyone who has experienced this... If this has affected you and you'd be willing to speak to me about it over the phone do get in touch. I can be contacted at [email protected] or on twitter ruthpatrick0 I am happy to either quote people in the piece or to use false names if people prefer.
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 154 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 793 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 705 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.