Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Teddey!
Hi, I'm Teddey, and I am training to be a qualified Gym Instructor under InstructAbility. I am currently on a three month placement with the YMCA in South London, and am disabled myself. I am trying to involve more disabled people (in the local area) to use the gym and hope to get some feedback from the boards on which organisations to approach to let them know of my placement. I would love to see more disabled people participating in exercise, I'm a keen cyclist myself, and have thought about establishing a disabled only cycle club... any suggestions?
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.