Hi, my name is Teddey! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Teddey!

Options
Teddey
Teddey Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I'm Teddey, and I am training to be a qualified Gym Instructor under InstructAbility. I am currently on a three month placement with the YMCA in South London, and am disabled myself. I am trying to involve more disabled people (in the local area) to use the gym and hope to get some feedback from the boards on which organisations to approach to let them know of my placement. I would love to see more disabled people participating in exercise, I'm a keen cyclist myself, and have thought about establishing a disabled only cycle club... any suggestions?

Comments

• Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Options
    Hi Teddey, welcome to the community. I know a couple of our community champions are keen cyclists too, mentioning no names (Zec and Noah!) Perhaps you guys should link up! Also, it would be great if you have any tips you can share in our health and fitness section: https://community.scope.org.uk/tips/general-health Look forward to seeing you on the forums.
  • Noah
    Noah Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Teddey,

Sorry I seemed to miss this post. It's great you are training to be a gym instructor, I really believe in trying to make gyms and fitness programs inclusive, and encouraging disabled people to take part.

I also love cycling, although I'm not in the London area, I would be most interested to follow your progress.

What organisations have you currently spoken to about your ideas?

Have you seen what Kris at wheely good fitness is achieving?

Keep me posted.

Kind regards

Noah

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.