Tutting — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tutting

Options
handyjohn
handyjohn Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I often hear people tut when my wife gets out of her wheelchair and walks into a shop. She has COPD but nothing wrong with her legs.

She can walk into a small shop make a purchase and make it back to her chair/scooter a bit breathless.

Comments

• Jgeek
    Jgeek Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Options
    Hi there, welcome to our community, I have had similar experiences and its not fun, I used to get out my chair as often as I could because if I didn't I may loose the ability or become almost paranoid of peoples' reactions. My advice it to bare in mind she may not see these people again but keeping up walking is important for her life, its human nature to look at some not 'the norm' but it shouldn't feel like a judgement
  • Vonnie67
    Vonnie67 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    Hi, I am disabled due to RTA injuries. I sometimes feel that I can walk without the use of my crutch or frame. I had such a moment last evening, (as I have always pushed myself hard to keep my mobility as long as I can) I found myself attempting walk to my car. I made it to the front of the car and turned back as the tightness in my hips and back not to mention the pains in my legs...I was quite alarmed that I may not reach my house!
    Anyway as I turned there was my 'neighbour recording me on his telephone!!
    I'm waiting anxiously to see what he'll do with that now. :-(.
    I am paying for my stupidity with the pain and suffering I've had since my 'impulsive' side showed itself again!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.