Any tips on improving breath control for a pre-schooler? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any tips on improving breath control for a pre-schooler?

Noelle
Noelle Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, does anyone know any fun games & activities to help a little one to breathe in more deeply & to breathe out slowly & with more control? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Webbis
    Webbis Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Blowing helps with breathing more deeply. You automatically take a deeper breath afterwards.  We've been using a child's windmill with my daughter  - though holding it a good angle for her to blow was tricky.  Blowing bubbles can help too, either with a wand and bubble mixture or maybe with a straw into a fizzy drink.
  • howautisticfeels
    howautisticfeels Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I understand it's probably going to be difficult but try to improve kiddo's posture as much as possible with physical supports. I've heard good foot stability and a supportive chair helps with breathing. Grain of salt, though, as this was from a feeding therapy resource rather than a disability specific one. They say many feeding problems are caused by breathing problems in turn caused by ill-fitting seating & the resulting difficult posture/balance.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.