Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

supported living

CajaCaja Member Posts: 4
My son is 26 and has autism and severe learning difficulties. He has been in supported living for 3 years, it's a lovely house which he shares with 3 more able young adults who he seems to like. The care provided is not meeting his needs, and we have asked to change to a new care provider, but his social worker has said that wouldn't be possible as all the residents need to share the same care provider as some support hours are shared. We don't want to move our son, can we insist on a different care provider? if so how would we go about this without the support of social services? Many thanks


Sign in or join us to comment.