My problem is, I'm 32 and had a stroke when I was a baby. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My problem is, I'm 32 and had a stroke when I was a baby.

emu
emu Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Comments

• emu
    emu Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello, I'm not sure if this page is still active?
    My problem is, I'm 32 and had a stroke when I was a baby. As a result I have certain issues with the whole of my left side, particularly my acchiles tendon. I had an operation when I was 5 to tighten it. I have always been able to live with this, the only thing that ever bothered me before was that I couldn't wear heels! However, these days if I am over tired, ill or hungover, the whole of my left side tightens up to the point where it feels really uncomfortable. It's as if all of the muscles have contracted. It verges on painful. Is there anything I can do? Will it be more painful as I get older?
  • BusyOT
    BusyOT Community member Posts: 76 Listener
    Emu, very sorry for not replying to you sooner. Without more personal details I'm afraid I can't provide a general answer. Why not have a chat with your GP next time you're visiting? He/she can refer you to the relevant professional who can do a full assessment and answer your queries.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.