Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi All, I want to get more people in to Construction
I want to help get more disabled people like me, in to construction industry. We have a massive shortfall in trained professional's right now; and not enough coming through to see it getting better anytime soon.
I have suffered with health issues for 10 years now, the last five being the hardest, but luckily for me I found my career 20 years ago and it has been great to me and took me round the world. I love it.
It is a massive issue the shortfall and I think we are not utilising disabled people in the industry and we are missing a great opportunity for both.
I have set up the follow group to look to change this and have been seeking help across the board, specifically from the CIC and everyone I talk to wants to make this happen, so please can you all help?
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 835 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 770 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments